Fargo, is the largest city in the U.S. state of North Dakota and the county seat of Cass County. In 2010, its population was 105,549, and it had an estimated metropolitan population of 208,777. Fargo, along with its twin city of Moorhead, Minnesota, as well as adjacent West Fargo, North Dakota and Dilworth, Minnesota, form the center of the Fargo-Moorhead, ND-MN Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Founded in 1871, Fargo is the crossroads and economic center of southeastern North Dakota and a portion of northwestern Minnesota. Fargo is a cultural, retail, manufacturing, health care, and educational hub for the region. Fargo is home to North Dakota State University. Fargo Really has it all!
51 Things that make Fargo Moorhead Special
1. It is just a great place to live, work and raise a family. Honestly.
2. Duanes House of Pizza
3. Dec 10 unemployment rate in Fargo of 4% vs. national unemployment that hovers around 10%
4. RedHawk’s baseball
5. The community of young high school and college aged people that continually step up to the plate in order to sandbag our great neighborhood
6. West Acres Shopping Center
7. Walking down Broadway! Downtown Fargo.
8. KFGO Radio
9. “Hey, I’ve seen that movie”
10. We are the most satisfied state, even beating out Hawaii
11. Great and cutting edge places to work like Sundog, Swanson Health Products, Microsoft, Meritcare-Sanford and Navteq
12. GO NDSU BISON!
13. GO Concordia COBBERS!
14. GO Moorhead State DRAGONS!
15. I can’t forget U of Mary, Minnesota Technical College or Rasmussen Business College.
17. North Dakota has the lowest violent crime rate in the country and the second lowest general crime rate according to the city of Fargo.
18. Ben and Tracy in the Morning
19. Dennis Walaker
20. The Fargodome and all of the awesome concerts that take place there.
21. Fishing on the Red River
22. Taking a short drive to fish at one of the surrounding Minnesota lakes
23. Fargo Street Fair
24. Sledding on the dike
25. Trollwood Performing Arts school and yearly play
26. Great public and private school system
27. The Fargo Theatre
28. Santa Lucia Mediterranean
29. Fargo Blues Fest
30. The Drunken Noodle serves noodles from around the word for lunch, after-school, after-work, after-hours.
31. The numerous High school sports and public entertainment options
32. People actually let others merge
33. One of the nations shortest average commute times
34. We have lawns.
35. A downtown nightlife that can cater to anybody. From The Bismarck (no bedrolls allowed), to Dempseys, to The Old Broadway… something can be found for everybody. Please do not think there is not nightlife in Fargo. There is.
36. Reasonably priced golf
37. The world’s SECOND biggest Scheel’s sporting goods store
38. Fargo Film Festival
39. Thai Orchid restaurant in Moorhead
40. Moorhead Center Mall
41. Spicey Pie – This is a must order pizza if you spend time in the area. Pizza and JoJos!
42. Lindenwood Christmas Lights
43. Plains Art Museum
44. Take a drive down 8th Street in Fargo to see some cool old houses
46. Fargo Marathon
47. Kids that do great things. Fill the Dome, Homeless and hungry
48. The Fargo-Moorhead Community Theatre
49. Roger Maris Museum… we are the home of the real home run king after all.
50. The HoDo
51. We have the intestinal fortitude, sense of community and leadership to come together and beat the floods of 2011 and 1997.